How To Use The Dispensary
Ordering Classic Formulas
Classic (standard) formulas are available in three formats
Granules (aka powder) to mix in water as tea.
- Encapsulated granules, requiring the practitioner to order a 55g bottle of granules and the encapsulation item (in units of 100). Each capsule contains approximately 550 mg, therefore 55 g fits into 100 capsules.
- A box of 20 single dose sachets. These sachets contain a single serving of herbal pellets equivalent to approximately 3 g of powder. The sachets are easy to carry around, and the pellets are easy to swallow.
Modifications or Creating Patient-Specific Formulas
- Start with a Classic formula and modify by adding individual herbs. For example, adding Blood Moving herbs to Peony & Buplerum (Xiao Yao San ).
- 35 g Peony & Buplerum (Xiao Yao San)
- 10 g Safflower (Hong Hua)
- 10 g Persica (Tao Ren)
- Total is 55 grams, which can then be encapsulated. If capsules are not required the total weight can be any amount rather than 55 grams.
Completely create a custom formulation from individual herbs.
For further details download our PDF instruction on Creating Herb Prescriptions